Wednesday 13 June 2012

Horses

Well, just the one horse, actually. I'm back on it, in style. With a 3.5lb weightloss this week I've managed to claim my 3.5 stone award. That's 49lbs in total in 20 weeks, my friends, and this brings me to one teeny pound off being halfway to my "goal for 2012", which is 100lbs. Needless to say, I am thrilled beyond measure. Next week should drop me down into the next stone bracket, another cause for celebration.

Although of course I am taking this half a stone at a time, I like to have a life event in mind to measure things against. I had in my head all along I wanted to have my 3st award before my friend Jen's wedding, and I did it. My next life event is Richy's birthday. I have 16 more weighins until the week before his birthday and I'd like to collect my 5.5st award by then. That's 28lbs in 16 weeks - at 1.75lb per week this should be very doable. My current average is 2.49lb per week. To be honest, another 2.5st should be achievable - that would only be 2.18lb per week - but let's not get carried away!

My favourite thing this week has been my new potato cakes. They taste a little like hash browns and are based on a Jamie Oliver recipe. The whole recipe is 1 syn, and This is how you make them:

Potato Cakes - serves 4-?

330g white potatoes
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 heaped tsp or 6g plain flour
Salt and pepper
Frylight

Peel and boil potatoes (whole) until tender and drain. Once cool enough to touch, coarsely grate them into a bowl.

Mix in your flour, spring onions, lots of salt and black pepper and squirt with frylight.

Shape into cakes and chill, overnight if you have time. When it's time to cook, heat a frying pan, spray with and pan fry until golden, turning once.

Makes 4 large cakes, or 24 mini cakes using a 2" cutter.

I have a test cake in the freezer because I think these will freeze beautifully, and would be really handy to have stashed away. I served them up at the weekend with a full English - bacon, sausages (1syn for 2), eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms - and my only complaint was my eggs were scrambled not served runny. These little guys need runny eggs in my opinion. Or smoked salmon, I'm not massively fussy!

I would have taken a picture, but we ate them all, so you'll have to make do with this recent picture of me instead.

Better luck next time.



1 comment:

  1. Oh Good Grief....I honestly would not have recognised you Gemma. I so hope to see you in person soon cos I'm in total awe of how well you are doing. Go girl! xx
    Gail gymbo x

    ReplyDelete